- In the event that video shows any living that is identifiable and/or recognizable personal details, writers have to demonstrate that permission happens to be acquired. In cases where a patient consent kind ended up being given to the associated article, there’s no necessity to present this once again for the video clip.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sharing internet sites utilize. Usually they are standard choices from your own editing pc software. an extensive guide is available from the vimeo web site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account in the website that is hightail. Please are the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number in the message field – this will allow us to fit your video clip to your paper. Your movie should be gotten by the time you get back the corrections for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Take note that in the event that you don’t properly label your movie or you miss out the due date, this could cause delays in publication of both your article plus the video.
All movie abstracts would be examined for suitability because of the editorial publication and team is certainly not guaranteed in full. In certain instances editors may request edits towards the movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded in the research article online and additionally posted individually regarding the journal’s YouTube channel. These are generally posted underneath the exact exact exact same copyright terms given that associated article.
Article processing costs
During distribution, writers can choose to possess their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers may also decide to publish their article in color for the print version – as opposed to the standard option of black colored and white – for GBP 250. There aren’t any distribution, web page or colour that is online-only costs.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and programmes that are institutional click on this link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be produced available at the earliest opportunity, anywhere lawfully and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s Data Sharing Policy that is full web web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the submitting writer at the time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs is going to be very theraputic for the entire research community.
Please find more info about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the under article kind specs like the necessary article lengths, pictures, dining dining table limitations and guide counts. Your message count excludes the name web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts should always be since succinct as you possibly can.
For further help when coming up with your distribution please relate to the resources available from the BMJ Author Hub. right Here you’ll find informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and marketing your paper. You may even desire to utilize the language translation and editing solutions supplied by BMJ Author Services.
In case your article is accepted you can easily make use of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a totally free solution to assist you increase your article’s reach.
Articles research that is reporting be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be at the most 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, sources, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sporadically be manufactured to the, especially in the outcome of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents may well be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits for the instance for longer documents on a case-by-case foundation, but documents much longer than 5000 terms will never be considered. Authors are strongly motivated to see or watch the length that is recommended, as exorbitant size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper because of the area limits for the log.
Writers will include an area entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key communications from the investigation the following:
- What exactly is already understood about this topic. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise hawaii of clinical knowledge about this subject. Be specific and clear, maybe maybe perhaps not obscure.
- just exactly What gaps that are important knowledge occur about this subject.
- Exactly just exactly What this study adds. Within one or two solitary phrase bullet points give a straightforward response to the concern ‘ What do we now understand because of this study that individuals failed to understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 words
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use sources just as required
this short article type is susceptible to interior and outside peer review
Brief reports are faster variations of initial articles, must not surpass 1500 terms, and can even add one figure or table.
This short article kind is susceptible to interior and external peer review.
Letter (original research)
Research letters designed for publication must be no more than 500 terms, 10 sources, and something dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted into the log must certanly be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information provided when you look at the text of a write-up. They ought to have name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is subject to interior and outside peer review.
Unique communications are papers which do not report initial research information but which supply a conversation, analysis, or breakdown of a specific topic. As a whole these should always be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of room limits.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and often outside peer review.
Review articles provide analysis the literary works, frequently concerning a certain topic, nation, or geographic area. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract with all the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, data synthesis, and conclusions writers publishing review manuscripts and reports of the link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of a maximum of 250 terms beneath the following headings:
- Objective – The abstract must start with a statement that is precise of primary goal associated with the review. The main focus with this declaration ought to be directed by whether or not the review emphasises factors such as for example cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or prevention. It will add information on the specific populace, intervention, visibility, and test or outcome this is certainly being reviewed.
- Information sources – a summary that is succinct of sources should really be provided, including any moment restrictions. Prospective sources include specialists or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. If your database that is bibliographic utilized, the precise indexing terms useful for article retrieval must be stated, including any constraints (for instance, English language or individual subjects).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the criteria utilized to choose studies for step-by-step review from among studies recognized as strongly related the subject. Information on selection ought to include specific populations, interventions, results, or designs that are methodological. The strategy accustomed apply these requirements must be specified – as an example, blind review, opinion, multiple reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements should always be stated.
- Information removal – instructions useful for abstracting data and data that are assessing paper writing service and legitimacy (such as for instance requirements for causal inference) should always be described. The strategy in which the rules had been used must certanly be stated: for instance, separate extraction by multiple observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary link between the review, whether qualitative or quantitative, must certanly be stated. Techniques utilized to acquire these total outcomes should always be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the major results that had been pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes if possible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes must certanly be associated with self- confidence periods, if relevant, and exact degrees of analytical importance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with problems of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis will include summarisations of success characteristics and related variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies should always be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout rates.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation to your domain for the review. The necessity for brand new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, figures and recommendations)
this informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.